Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mini Biscornu Beaded Scissor Fob and some general info

I have quite a few mini biscornu charts and I would love to make some beaded scissors fobs attaching to them. Here is my first try. I had a hard time take pictures, I don't have a macro function with my digital camera to take some detailed pictures. I do carry all the supplies to make one in my web site, you just need to come up with your beads or you purchase the beads that I carry. I will have more examples in August and September. When I get a chance, I may do a simple tutorial with pictures. Of course, there are many different ways to make a beaded scissors fobs, and this is my version.

http://www.anitalittlestitches.com/beading.html

You don't need any special tool in my version.It will only take less than 15 minutes to make one. The most time consuming part is to decide what beads to use and the order of the beads.

Supplies:

1. Bead Tips... use to start and end the threads. I tied a few knots and then thread a seed bead to secure the threads, tied a few more knots before closing the "tip". (This eliminates the use of crimp beads or crimp tool and your ending threads are neatly hidden and secured inside the bead tips.

2. Beading thread, Lobster Clasp, beading needle

3. Beads, spacing beads, charms, and bead flower caps (optional)

It is a lot of fun and it does not cost a lot of money to make one.

8 comments:

Berkana said...

Semplicemente splendido!
Berkana

Anita said...

I love the little scissorfof biscornu. What a nice idea.
greetings from the Netherlands Anita de R

Berit said...

Amazing! I just LOVE pearls, really I do. :D

Надежда-nagual said...

Bravo!

natalysneedle said...

This biscornu scissor fob is absolutely beautiful. I love the beading and colors.

Moreen said...

The scissor fob is really cute - what a good idea.
I love all your new scissors.

diamondc said...

Anita: your scissors fob is beautiful, the colors are so refreshing.
Thank-you for sharing.
Catherine

Marika said...

Oh, how cute is this !!!! Just adorable.